Slay try rap puts man behind bars

first_imgBACOLOD City – Charged with attempted murder, a man was arrested in Barangay Bulwangan, Hinoba-an, Negros Occidental. He was 46-year-old resident Joemarie Taipen, police said. The court recommended a P120,000 bail bond for his temporary liberty./PN The suspect was detained in the lockup facility of the Hinoba-an municipal police station.center_img Police officers served the warrant issued by Judge Rodney Magbanua of the Regional Trial Court Branch 61 in Kabankalan City, Negros Occidental dated Jan. 31, 2020 Taipen’s apprehension was staged on the strength of an arrest warrant around 7:30 a.m. on July 27, the police added.last_img

Mourinho contests FA charge

first_imgJose Mourinho has contested a Football Association misconduct charge relating to his post-match comments following the Premier League loss to Sunderland. Press Association Dates for the hearings are to be determined after Mourinho’s latest brush with authority this season. Mourinho challenged a charge related to his dismissal at Aston Villa last month as a point of principle and is considering his options after being hit with an £8,000 penalty, his second of the season after his sending-off against Cardiff. The Portuguese was tight-lipped on Friday following the charge. “Every time I speak there is a consequence,” Mourinho said. “Even if I say that a referee was amazing that was a reason to be with a charge. “I can’t say the truth. I don’t feel free at all. If you want a better press conference, speak with the FA.” Asked about the British sense of humour and sarcasm, Mourinho said: “So Mr Bean is in jail… “I told the referee he was amazing, and I repeat: the referee was amazing. “I was not surprised (by the disciplinary action). In football I’m never surprised.” He is again unhappy he could be forced to pay a fine. “When I have to give money, I prefer to do it privately,” he said. “My wife says that charity is anonymous. I prefer to do that than give money because people decide to take money out of my pocket.” Midfielder Ramires received a retrospective four-match ban, ending his domestic season, for striking Sebastian Larsson during the loss. Mourinho was sarcastic in commenting on Ramires’ ban. “He’s a lucky guy. We accept the charge because we are happy with it,” Mourinho said. After losing his 77-match unbeaten home league run to a 2-1 loss to the Black Cats, Mourinho could not hide his anger behind a sarcastic appraisal of the match officials. Mourinho, who masterminded a win at Liverpool to keep his side’s slim title hopes alive on Sunday, has requested a “non-personal hearing”, as has his assistant Rui Faria, who has admitted two charges of misconduct after being dismissed for angrily confronting the match officials. last_img read more

Florida physical therapist accused of sexually assaulting 75-year-old patient

first_imgThe Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office say a 30-year-old physical therapist at St. Joseph’s Hospital South in Riverview, Florida sexually assaulted a 75-year-old woman.Police received a call from the hospital after a nurse working at the hospital said an alarm began to sound in the room of the female patient, and when she went to monitor a live feed camera inside the room to check on the patient, she told police she saw a physical therapist at the hospital, identified as Regginald Jackson, 30, placing his genitals in the patient’s mouth.Officials arrested and charged Jackson with sexual battery on Monday. Police say he did not answer any questions.Detectives believe there could be other patients who are victims.The sheriff’s office is asking anyone with information on prior incidents involving Jackson to contact the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office at 813-247-8200 or Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay at 1-800-873-TIPS (8477) to report a tip anonymously.last_img read more

T&T Gov’t offers US$1M for CPL finals

first_imgTHERE could be a decision by the end of the week, on whether or not Trinidad and Tobago will be hosting the Caribbean Premier League (CPL) finals as Minister of Sports Darryl Smith was scheduled to meet with CPL officials yesterday.It is thought that the CPL had originally labelled the rights to hosting the semifinals and final of the event with an US$800 000 price tag but speaking to Guardian Media Sports yesterday, Smith indicated that T&T’s final offer to host the event is US$1M dollars but would like to make payment in local currency.Smith said that he would like to have an answer to take to Cabinet as early as this week’s meeting, explaining, “I am meeting with them on Wednesday, (yesterday).“We have an offer on the table and we will see what the discussions bring. Because of the foreign exchange issues that we have, we would pay the bills and so on in TT dollars but that is the best that we can do at this time and hopefully we could make an announcement finally, whether its yay or nay so that I can go back to Cabinet and get that approval.”T&T last hosted the CPL finals in 2015 and it is understood that the-then government paid US$3.5M while the government had refused to pay the US4.5M asking price for the last year’s edition.Yesterday the Minister also spoke on the Udecott investigation into the Brian Lara Academy misuse.“It’s sad. I let Udecott conduct its investigations before I spoke on it. But some people are showing that they are not patriots of T&T by the sabotage that we’ve been seeing.“You could clearly see that there is somebody in T&T or a group of people that have been and continue to be against the opening of the Brian Lara Academy,” he said. “Whoever is doing it, please stop!” (Trinidad Guardian)last_img read more